It’s been (how many?) days

I’m sitting now in the Pub and having a pint, waiting for the rugby final game to start. 
It’s been a rollercoaster of a journey to start my life here and there are still so many things that I need to sort before I get fully settled. Like resident card. And then I can donate blood here too, I’m so excited! 
But I have managed to secure an amazing apartment with great landlord in a spot on location. I’m starting a job next week, in a good company with a good title and salary that I am very happy about. It might be an interesting start, but I just have to remember that they chose me from lots of applicants, and I am the one they chose to be part of the team. I am the one they chose to smoothly run their office. I shouldn’t have specific expectations and first listen, learn and observe. I know my value and experience can greatly benefit the company and the team! I am great with people! I know sometimes I just need to step up and stand my ground, lower my niceties and get things done. Then again, I have been quite good so far. And I believe in people, I believe them to be good until they prove me otherwise. And I am hardworking. I don’t fear work. I fear confrontational situations, but if I communicate what I need and want, I’m sure I can avoid those kind of situations before they arise.
All in all, I was walking down through Valletta this evening, and I can’t believe I live here now. It’s a beautiful city and amazing country to be in. The weather is lovely, and there are plenty of things to do, just need to find the right things I want to do.
Like getting back into gym, whether it is work gym or something close to my house. So I can get into shape before next summer hits (which is early in the year, here in Malta).
Like being part of a community where I can develop my social skills and have fun at the same time. Like sailing? Rock climbing. Salsa. Yoga. I want to get back to feeling cheerful and happy, and appreciate life! Without thinking ahead too much, without worrying about future. 
We talked with Jolly today about the prospect of getting a house! And that’s all good and all, but what happens to the house when you die. If neither of us wants children, who gets the house? Give it away? To who? Would you donate it to charity? That, I thought, is a great idea. But otherwise, what assets would I need for my future? Retirement? A place for myself? A way to take care of my mom and my dad, in case something happens. Contribute to the wellness of my grandparents.
Little bit of a monologue, but isn’t this blog all about that? Express myself without getting interrupted, even though noone really is listening. It takes a while for me to express myself, my thoughts, my feelings, and this feels like the only way where I can do that. Not that I do it often, I don’t. I tend to forget that I have this blog. So maybe it’s time to use it more like a journal? Like I used to do the first time I moved to London? Write about daily, weekly events and let all the frustration, if there is any, out and all the excitement. So there is time where I can read back and remember the things I did, the feelings I experienced, events I attended. I will try to get better at this, I really want to. Keep me accountable!P.S. It’s been 82 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekends.. pirmaa dalja.. :D:D

Let's Get Ready for Eurovision!

Ārā snieg!!!! :))