Black Gold thoughts

It’s a weird feeling. To sit here in Black Gold, middle of Saturday, looking at all the yachts and Manoel Island in the distance. And to think this is my home now. 
You can see people passing by and some of them are tourists just popping by and looking for a lunch spot, and some, walking faster, on a mission, to get to shops, or work or wherever you te need to get. 
It’s warm. I’m still getting used to the weather and the fact that it can be sunny and +18 at the end of January. 
I hope I never loose the sight of little exciting things. The ones you notice when you go on holidays. The beautiful architecture, the happy people, the new cute restaurants or bars. 
There is a mix of music, songs between the two bars. And sometimes they complement each other, sometimes they clash. But you gotta take it as the way of life. Island life. A way for businesses to make a living, attracting customers. 
Heading to karaoke tonight, and a club later. Not a regular Saturday night for me. I’ve been flying under radar for a bit. Partly it is a finance thing and I have to keep reminding myself (Dave Ramsey) to live like no one so you can live like no one! But partly it’s the fact I’m a lot more choosy on how and who with I spend my time with. And I think it’s a good thing. It’s a growth thing. When you decide what you want to do, not what would make you fit in the crowd. And it is really hard until you accept you can’t be everyone’s friend, and you won’t be able to attend every single party on the island. 
It’s very interesting to see how I have grown over the last couple of years, since I have actually started to pay attention. Pay attention to how I feel, to how I want to be perceived. 
It is still different when I go back home to Latvia. And if I decide, when the decide to move back, it will some adjusting time. Like now. But it might be easier because I would have support of family. Not that I don’t have it now. It would just be closer. 
And I stil have to decide if that’s gonna be a good thing. To have family so close.
Anyway, the verdict on that is still out, and a while away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekends.. pirmaa dalja.. :D:D

Let's Get Ready for Eurovision!

Ārā snieg!!!! :))